It's Fondue Season!
- Jon Marsh
- Tags: fondue
Super Snack Ideas for the Big Game
A grazing board of cheese and charcuterie is always a good choice for game day. Stop by the shop this weekend to pick one up or order online to have your order ready to go.
In the mood for something different? Here are 3 of our favorite easy snack ideas:
#1. Soft Pretzels and Queso
Colorado-made On Tap Kitchen's Soft Pretzels are quick, easy and delicious. They are great warmed in the oven or our favorite way to enjoy is with Leigh Olivers White Hot Queso dip, pictured above.
#2 Ultimate Popcorn with Truffle and Parmesan
Casina Rossa Truffle Salt & Cheese is a blend of seal salt, black truffle and dried Parmigiano Reggiano. Add it to fresh popcorn that’s lightly coated with melted butter or olive oil for the best popcorn you’ve ever tasted
A new addition at St. Kilian’s, Arepas Point Venezuelan-style corn arepas are a great vessel for all kinds of snacks. Our personal favorite is Italian Sausage, provolone and peppers. New Italian style peppers in Jar from Monteleone are a great addition to Lonardo’s sausage or your favorite protein, stuff them all inside a fresh cooked Arepas. Grab the arepas in our shop or order online here.
Want a few other easy idea?
We love Sweet Grass Dairy's Pimento Cheese, made with an award-winning tomme cheese. Or Cream City Market's classic curds.
Flatirons Food Film Festival: Craft Chocolate Pairing
- Shop Staff
- Tags: chocolate
Thanks for your support during a challenging 2020!
You all have kept us busy through the end of the year and we couldn't be more thankful for that. Now that we've had a chance to catch our breath, please accept our belated Happy New Year!
In addition to sending out a huge thank you we wanted to take this opportunity to update our customers on what all of your support has done for our business and our plans for 2021.
With the overwhelming support from our customers and the hard work of our employees, we were able to make some big strides forward that we hope will benefit our customers, employees, and vendors for a long time to come. A couple of highlights include:
- We donated over $8000 to deserving charities and organizations from our shoplocal promotion and our Victory Cheese program
- We supported small American producers and vendors by moving more of our purchasing to their products and paying cash on delivery to help make up for their lost restaurant business sales
- We expanded our local pickup and delivery options to improve safety and convenience for our customers and employees
- We were able to expand our employee benefits in 2020 as all of them continued working on the front lines throughout the pandemic and allowed us to keep our doors open
- Jon Marsh
Easily Pick-Up or Deliver Holiday Orders
It's our busiest time of the year.
The days leading up to Thanksgiving are some of our busiest each year. Because we are limiting the number of people in our store at one time, we encourage you to place an order for pick-up or delivery. It's easy! And it means you won't spend time waiting in line.
We know this year will be different, and we want to be sure your shopping goes smoothly. Here's how to shop like a pro and avoid lines:
1. Call or email us with your order, we are happy to answer any questions for you, just like if you were in the store. OR order right on our website and build your order there. Since our selections are always changing, we don't have our entire selection on the website, but we are happy to add items to your order.
2. Select a local delivery option or select pick-up and we can meet you at the curb with your order.
3. Feel accomplished because your shopping is done and all you have to do now is enjoy Thanksgiving!
We are open our usual hours next week, of course closed on Thanksgiving Day.
We are still so thankful for each of you!
We're sponsoring the Highlands Farmers Market! $5 Market Bucks
- Shop Staff
- Tags: farmers market