Good Food Winners in the Shop!
An annual event, The Good Food Awards recognizes, celebrates and empowers food creators that make delicious food with responsible ingredients. They recognizes food crafters who demonstrate outstanding taste and a deep commitment to building a more sustainable and just food system. Jon was able to attend the ceremony, meeting many artisans and tasting so many great bites.
Check out the map in the link above, Colorado producers are often nominated for and win at Good Foods! We are lucky to have such great food and agriculture in this state. Read a bit about the Good Food Winners we have in our shop.
On Tap Pretzel Shortbread Cookies Lafayette, Colorado
Winner of the Snack Category, these pretzel makers also know how to make a great cookie! They're buttery shortbread, mixed with a salty pretzel. The cookies are made from actual ground pretzels, used like flour in their recipe. Try them with ice cream. Shop them here.
Bibamba Jungle Crunch Denver, Colorado
Our friends at Bibamba won in the Chocolate category. Their single-farm cacao sourced directly from their family-owned farm in Cameroon supports sustainable ingredients. This duo combines crunchy plantain chips with a coating of dark chocolate. Shop the chocolate here.
Red Camper's Pueblo Chile Peach Deliciousness Denver, Colorado
We are good friends with the team at Red Camper and we love pairing their preserves and mustarda with our cheese and meat boards. It's no surprise that this Colorado-proud flavor won an award. Roasted green chilies from Pueblo combine with sweet Paonia peaches for the perfect spicy-sweet spoonful. All their produce is sourced from local farms. Read about it here.
Table Mountain Farm's Lavender Vanilla Goat Milk Caramel Longmont, Colorado
We love goat cheese and we now also love goat milk caramel! Winning in the Confections category, this caramel is made with lavender from the farm and fair trade Vanilla Beans steep in fresh goat's milk. Perfect as a dessert sauce or stirred into coffee. While we don't yet have the Lavender flavor in the shop, we do have their Vanilla, Whiskey and Chocolate flavors in the store. Check out Vanilla on our site here.
Bee Squared Apiaries Fennel Pollen Honey Berthound, Colorado
There's honey and then there's good honey. Fennel pollen and Bee Squared Apiaries' award-winning alfalfa/wildflower honey marry to make one of those truly synergistic flavor combinations. The subtle licorice flavor of fennel enhanced by their buttery smooth alfalfa honey is perfect with pork dishes or a gin cocktail. Shop the honey here.
Mountain Girl Pickles Pickled Okra Black Hawk, Colorado
With a good crunchy, these okra are a perfectly preserved taste of summer, truly worthy of their Pickle category award. Mountain Girl sources the fresh okra locally and perfectly seasons it for happy hour spreads, Bloody Mary's, salads and more. Shop the pickles here.
On Tap Kitchen: Pretzels That Aren't Bland
- Pretzel Panzanella Salad: That fresh salad that uses crusty bread that we all love? Well you can swap out the bread for your favorite On Tap pretzel flavor. YUM.
- Every cheese and charcuterie board needs some crunch. Add a sweet or spicy On Tap pretzel to the spread to round it out.
- Rather than the usual pita chips, serve your hummus dip with pretzels bites.
Shop the Good Food Awards
- Bee Squared's Whiskey Barrel Aged Honey: Made in Colorado, it's perfect in cocktails or drizzle over waffles.
- On Tap Kitchen Pretzels: Handmade with local sunflower oil and organic flour, they're perfect with Colorado craft beer.
- Casella's Prosciutto: This prosciutto is made with heritage-breed pork and following all of the Italian traditions, but crafted here in the USA.
- Old Time Roustabout India Pale Alegar: Roustabout is a tasty India Pale Ale vinegar made from Odell Brewing's first rendition of the India Pale Ale. Use it as a marinade, dressing or sauce.
- Il Porcellino Salumi: Made in Basalt, this is one of our go-to salami makers to add to a sandwich or cheese board.
- Cultura Chocolate 70% Whiskey and Nibs: Dark chocolate infused with Deerhammer's single malt whiskey and garnished with whiskey-soaked cacao nibs.
- Shop Staff
- Tags: good food