Dinner is Served: Spring Gnocchi Meal Kit
Ask and you shall receive. We had a customer this past weekend ask for more recipes, so we came up with this spring gnocchi dish and decided to turn it into a meal kit. Now you can simply order the kit and we will grab all the items for you and have your dinner ingredients ready for you to pick up. This dish is the perfect mix of cozy, filling flavors with bright pops of spring mixed in.
Peas, lemon, a creamy cheese sauce, sharp pecorino and optional speck makes this frozen gnocchi anything but ordinary. Click HERE to order a meal kit and check out the recipe below.
Be sure to use the code "SHOPLOCAL" for 5% off of your order and we will donate 10% to local charities supporting the food industry.
- Nuovo Gnocchi
- Oil (not included in the meal kit)
- Frozen peas
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Auricchio Crema al Parmigiano Reggiano
- Pecorino Romano Fulvi
- Salt and pepper, to taste (not included in the meal kit)
- Speck, optional
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions and reserve about 1 cup of pasta water. Once cooked, toss with oil and set aside.
- If using speck, fry speck until done. Remove from pan, chop and set aside.
- Add garlic to the pan with the bacon fat (or add oil to a new pan) and cook over medium heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in peas, zest from the lemon and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes, or until peas are warm.
- Stir in Auricchio cheese and thin to desired consistency with reserved pasta water.
- Once the sauce is combined, toss with gnocchi and speck, if using.
- Serve the gnocchi with a squeeze of lemon juice, black pepper and a grating of pecorino.